Feb 21, 2011

Here we go

After a long time of contemplating i decided to blog about my knitting, weaving and spinning projects. Maybe it will help me get a little more organized :-)

Needles:
Currently I have 5 projects on my needles,
  • 3 pairs of socks in varying states of progress - the green ones are hibernating because I hate knitting socks with Drops Delight, the colours are beautiful (matter of taste, of course), but I decided that socks with a singles yarn are not for me! The red ones are lovely, and the pattern is interesting (from Knitting socks with handpainted yarn) but after the first excitement it's a little tedious. However I want to wear them so they must get done! The third pair I love, even though they are also knit with a singles yarn (Meilenweit 100 Magico)... I used a simple garter rib pattern which makes for a perfect fit.


  • 1 lace shawl - trying my hand at designing a semicircular lace shawl. I am knitting it with some of the most beautiful hand dyed silk yarn from Walk Collection
  • another lace shawl, Unique Melody, for a friend, knit with the incredibly soft and beautiful Merino/Cahsmere yarn from Squoosh Fiberarts.The pattern is cleverly designed and very easy to memorize.

  • 1 toddler sweater for my son. I found this great color pattern to use up one skein of Cascade Heritage 150 Paint plus some grey sockyarn as the background color.. No stranding for this pattern! I will design it as a shawl collar sweater with set-in sleeves that are picked up and knit top to bottom.

My spinning wheel is working almost on a daily basis, and I will update my current spinning projects in the next post.

2 comments:

  1. Jippie! You did it!
    Welkom in blogworld, and I hope a LOT of new posts will follow.
    I think its always nice to see what my yarnfriends are doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were one of the biggest inspirations! I look at your regularly, and love seeing all the things you create.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like